Volunteers & Mentors
As local chapter of First Tee, we rely heavily on volunteers to support our many programs and services for youth. Some of the volunteer opportunities include assisting coaches, data entry, fundraising, special events and Central Florida Junior Golf Tour operations. First Tee – Lakeland also seeks mentors. Mentors are very special people who donate their time to work one on one with the students.
If you are interested in volunteering or mentoring for First Tee – Lakeland, please contact Program Director, AnnaLeis Caldwell.
As you consider volunteering for our chapter, know that the safety of our kids is our first priority. Please read our Prevention Policies to see how we conduct programs and activities at our chapter.
YMCA Par 3 – Home of The First Tee of Lakeland
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
*** All volunteers are required to complete a volunteer packet prior to working with youth. ***
- Central Florida Junior Golf Tour – Assist staff with tournament day operations at our junior events held county wide.
- Coaching – Assist our coaches during program time in one of the following golf classes: Target, Par, Birdie, Eagle, Adaptive Golf/Special Olympics, LPGA*USGA Girls Golf
- Data Entry – Assist staff with entering data such as school grades and volunteer information.
- Facility Habitat – If you enjoy the outdoors help us keep our gardens and native habitat impressive.
- Field Trips – Accompany First Tee members when they attend clinics, professional golf tournaments or other events.
- Fundraising – Help with community networking and securing necessary contributions to support programs.
- Mentor – Set a time with a child…tee it up, practice, help with homework or just be there to care.
- Special Events – Be part of the team at some of our special fundraising events.